Political risk and investment
- Oh no, the death-techers are coming
- Bitcoin’s “halvening” won’t boost its price
- CEO of JPM, recipient of $bns in state aid, bashes socialism
- Trump just made a joke about negative rates
- The Witcher is not a freelancer
- The ITV M&A fantasy
- Blockchain, all over your face
- Baillie Gifford: pot kettle black
- Is Facebook’s status as the bête noire of political advertising justified?
- The Eurosystem might have a fatal flaw. But it’s not this
- Venture capital for the ‘forgotten’
- The troublesome Trump inside trading claim
- The US economy is not recession-proof
- Hedge fund bro gonna hedge fund bro
- What do women want? Some crypto flavoured mansplaining, apparently.
- The Fed’s wishful thinking on inflation
- Dalio and Diddy: when genius collides
- State-backed crypto is a contradiction
- Rejoice! Venture capital wants to pay for your holiday
- Are electric vehicles more damaging than diesel?
Well, it’s been a little bumpy for this blog’s favourite only option to trade in election prediction markets. PredictIt is currently experiencing high trading volumes. We thank you for your patience. — PredictIt (@PredictIt) November 9, 2016
So, Virginia and Florida started leaning towards Trump, making the election a closer call than some pundits expected. No official swing-state surprises just yet. But traders appear to be considering the possibility of a Trump presidency, and it’s not terribly pretty.