- The economic impact of immigration
- Further reading
- Ricardo Hausmann on the tragedy in Venezuela
- Does Amazon present an anti-trust problem?
- Mary Waters on the integration of immigrants into the US
- Lee Buchheit and Mitu Gulati on Venezuela’s debt
- Michael Pettis on the mechanics of trade and the Chinese economy
- Angus Deaton on his Nobel prize-winning career (encore)
- Tim Harford on the lessons of new technologies in economic history
- Encore episode — Heidi Williams on gene sequencing, patent design, and innovation incentives
In this episode we talked about tax evasion and inequality with UC Berkeley economist Gabriel Zucman.
US tax receipts are growing more slowly — even declining, sometimes — which could mean the debt limit gets reached sooner than expected. This poses a dilemma for analysts who want to be bullish, but also want the debt ceiling lifted.