- The math wizard who became a customer loyalty scheme guru
- Alphachat is back! Vol 2.
- Alphachat is back! Vol. 1
- Jim Millstein discusses the financialisation of America
- Alphachat is on hiatus this week
- Benn Steil explains the Marshall Plan
- Marcel Fratzscher on the dark side of the German economy — now with transcript!!
- Marcel Fratzscher explores the dark side of the German economy
- Emi Nakamura on calculating inflation
- Stephanie Kelton explains how the government budget affects the economy and the mechanics of student debt forgiveness
- Jonathan Knee explains 25 years of Wall Street’s evolution
- Marcus Noland explains the North Korean economy
- Brad Setser explains how corporate tax policy affects the balance of payments
- Michele Wucker explains “Gray Rhinos”
- Listen - The "gray rhino" theory
- James Heckman tells us why IQ is overrated
- Mihir Desai explains the wisdom of finance — Now with transcript!
- Mihir Desai explains the Wisdom of Finance
- Can we avoid another financial crisis?
- Hirschmania, the final chapter
In this episode we talked about tax evasion and inequality with UC Berkeley economist Gabriel Zucman.
US tax receipts are growing more slowly — even declining, sometimes — which could mean the debt limit gets reached sooner than expected. This poses a dilemma for analysts who want to be bullish, but also want the debt ceiling lifted.