- Why online propaganda mobs are an investment red flag
- Davos has produced an amazing new guide on precisely how not to think about risk
- When the public relations industry does PR for itself
- Who wants to be crippled by student debt?
- The bitcoin price is wrong
- The warm fuzzy feeling of Goldman debt
- “Cryptoassets” are crashing again. Is it time to start calling them cryptoliabilities instead?
- Puff the tragic cryptowagon smokes out the Mumsnet demographic
- Don't write off the public sector
- Initiative Q: an elementary pyramid scheme with grandiose ideas [Update]
- Moral investments aren't outperforming
- No one is killing it in crypto (not even Woz)
- Too smooth: the red flag at Patisserie Valerie which was missed
- No, the housing crisis will not be solved by building more homes
- Sorry Civil, 'crypto-economics' and 'constitutions' won't save journalism
- 'Short-termism' isn't a thing, say Fed economists
- Coinbase wants to be “too big to fail”, lol
- Regulation and innovation don't have to be enemies
- Retailers get so lonely around the holidays
- Folli Follie: $1bn of fake sales, and what to learn from the debacle
Context-free wealth impairment as a lens on the world.
- Could climate change spark the next financial crisis?
- Mehrsa Baradaran on “opportunity zones”
- The math wizard who became a customer loyalty scheme guru
- Alphachat is back! Vol 2.
- Alphachat is back! Vol. 1
- Jim Millstein discusses the financialisation of America
- Alphachat is on hiatus this week
- Benn Steil explains the Marshall Plan
- Marcel Fratzscher on the dark side of the German economy — now with transcript!!
- Marcel Fratzscher explores the dark side of the German economy
- Emi Nakamura on calculating inflation
- Stephanie Kelton explains how the government budget affects the economy and the mechanics of student debt forgiveness
- Jonathan Knee explains 25 years of Wall Street’s evolution
- Marcus Noland explains the North Korean economy
- Brad Setser explains how corporate tax policy affects the balance of payments
- Michele Wucker explains “Gray Rhinos”
- Listen - The "gray rhino" theory
- James Heckman tells us why IQ is overrated
- Mihir Desai explains the wisdom of finance — Now with transcript!
- Mihir Desai explains the Wisdom of Finance
In this episode we talked about tax evasion and inequality with UC Berkeley economist Gabriel Zucman.
It’s not often you hear investment strategists write so cheerfully about redistribution, but then again it’s 2016, so anything goes: Happily, the fiscal flip this summer has thus far been more biased toward redistribution & Keynesianism rather than protectionism. For example:
We’ve recently looked at a famously wrong economic prediction based on an accurate demographic forecast, Japan’s experience with rapid aging, and the dangers of relating household demographics to asset price valuations. Suppose, even after reading those posts, you still agree with Alan Greenspan (and Toby Nangle, Charles Goodhart, etc) that slowing growth in the world’s working-age population necessarily implies a bigger share of output headed to workers and faster rates of inflation. Don’t worry. There are even more reasons for scepticism.