- Robert Lustig on the science behind our addictions
- The economic impact of immigration
- Further reading
- Ricardo Hausmann on the tragedy in Venezuela
- Does Amazon present an anti-trust problem?
- Mary Waters on the integration of immigrants into the US
- Lee Buchheit and Mitu Gulati on Venezuela’s debt
- Michael Pettis on the mechanics of trade and the Chinese economy
- Angus Deaton on his Nobel prize-winning career (encore)
- Tim Harford on the lessons of new technologies in economic history
In this episode we talked about tax evasion and inequality with UC Berkeley economist Gabriel Zucman.
It’s not often you hear investment strategists write so cheerfully about redistribution, but then again it’s 2016, so anything goes: Happily, the fiscal flip this summer has thus far been more biased toward redistribution & Keynesianism rather than protectionism. For example: