Jeff Gundlach appears at SALT as a hologram; the SEC might kill the quadruple-leveraged S&P 500 ETF; Darwin visits Wall St; can we still rely on collective wisdom; “To Woo Millennials, Financial Advisers Dress the Part”; unpleasant thoughts you had and the things you bought to stop having them; other stuff.
- Jason Furman on economic policymaking
- Tyler Cowen’s stubborn philosophical attachments
- Anne Case on mortality and morbidity in the 21st Century
- An all-media Alphachat episode
- Robert Cialdini on how persuasion works in business and politics (transcript)
- Adaptive markets, and the lessons of an infamous call to sell
- How economics has evolved since the crisis
- Erica Grieder on the Texas model
- An experiment in Kenya
- Sebastian Edwards on why economic populism always disappoints
Podcast episode with Jeremy Adelman on the subject of his magisterial biography, the life and work of Albert O Hirschman
Raises more questions than it answers.