BIS annual report; Fed’s third mandate; China capital flight and tourism; Seattle min wage experiment continues; Everyone in a room keeps giving dollars to random others. You’ll never guess what happens next; an Uber for toilets; other stuff.
- Is Ireland an austerity poster child or a “beautiful freak”?
- Richard Ocejo on old jobs in new urban economies
- A chat with Alice Rivlin on her career in economic policymaking
- The life and ideas of Albert O Hirschman (Part 1)
- Jason Furman on economic policymaking
- Tyler Cowen’s stubborn philosophical attachments
- Anne Case on mortality and morbidity in the 21st Century
- An all-media Alphachat episode
- Robert Cialdini on how persuasion works in business and politics (transcript)
- Adaptive markets, and the lessons of an infamous call to sell
Are we on the verge of another, different kind of IT investment boom?