Elsewhere on Wednesday,
- Matt Levine explains what investment bankers do.
- The mathematisation of economics.
- Congress on Huawei is not your usual China-bashing.
- Deleveraging shocks and the multiplier, Portes and Krugman weigh in.
- Sunk cost fallacies: Obama foreign policy edition.
- Hey America! North Korea could totally blow you up. It just chooses not to.
- The day when Barry Ritholtz walked on water, or was that an IO6 glitch?
- Chinese firms on a lonely buyout path.
- Further, further reading.
*Many of today’s links are via our awesome ex-intern Simon Hinrichsen. Follow him!