Breaking pre-market news on Thursday,
- UBS removes chief risk officer after less than a year in the job — statement.
- Kingfisher reports better than expected Q3 results; sells more BBQs in one week in September than in the whole of June – statement and fact sheet.
- Hardy Underwriting receives bid approaches; launches strategic review — statement.
- Haverford says it may not proceed with partial cash offer for Omega Insurance — statement.
- Corporate: Rio Tinto, Centrica, Rolls-Royce, Kingfisher, Afren, Exillon Energy, Invensys, Greene King, Premier Oil, Bluebird Energy, Xcite Energy, May Gurney, K3 Business Technology.