Further weekend reading,
– Kai Ryssdal’s interview with Tim Geithner.
– Stability is not an option.
– Bernanke and the 2% catastrophe.
– Martin Wolf on the impact of austerity on the Eurozone.
– James Hamilton on US growth.
And this week on FT Alphaville,
– Russian life expectancy is finally ticking up again.
– Banco Santander CEO Alfredo Saenz reacted to an analyst’s questions with words he may come to regret.
– China was buried alive in copper.
– John Kemp defended the ONS.
– We picked apart a car and priced its components.
– PSI and Portugal: unlikely to be easy or helpful.
– Italy’s businesses played it coy.
– Bernanke worried about the wrong credibility issue…
– … or at least the FOMC’s communications strategy is in need of improvement.
– The UK double-dipped.
– Trend-spotting, European equities edition.
– And finally, we pondered how the world could unwittingly move back to a gold standard… of sorts.