Elsewhere on Tuesday,
– Bank capital, and agreeing with the maestro.
– The House bought the deal, but will the world buy it?
– Dissecting the debt ceiling vote.
– ‘…the rate of collapse of an empire is independent of its age.’
– ‘The tails are getting fatter.’
– How Apple learned to think like the Chinese Communist Party.
– Doom. Doom. Doom!
– Why it was so important to keep top marginal tax rates constant.
– Kids versus credit ratings.
– Forever looks a bit like Norway.
– Further, further reading.