For the commute home,
– The upward slope of real house prices.
– Two new economics data sites.
– A profile of the new bid for TMX.
– NY Fed on rising commodity prices and inflation expectations.
– The effective income tax rate on America’s top 400 earners.
– The dark side of happiness.
– Can you have a bubble in something that can’t be sold?
– “You can count on pharma press releases prominently calling results ‘encouraging’ to be negative, while stories that call results ‘effective’ are actually worth paying attention to.”
– Observation of the day comes from our colleague Alan Beattie: “Men with facial hair are now in charge of the IMF, World Bank and US Federal Reserve. This will be seen as a golden era for the hirsute.”