Breaking pre-market news on Wednesday,
– Barclays Capital revenues down 15 per cent in three months to end March; to purchase Protium’s investment manager for $83m — statement.
– Johnson & Johnson to buy Synthes for Sfr159 per share, or $21.3bn — statement.
– Pinewood Shepperton recommends 200p a share offer (plus 2.5p dividend) from Peel Holdings — statement.
– BP reports 2 per cent fall in Q1 replacement cost profits — statement.
– ARM Holdings expects 20011 sales will be at least in line with current market expectations — statement.
– AB Foods sees Primark margins at lower end of range; lowers 2011 earnings guidance — statement.
– Corporate: ITV, Aggreko, AZ Electronic Materials, Greene King, Premier Foods, Bodycote, Salamander Energy, Kenmare Resources, Premier Oil, Carpetright, Silence Therapeutics, DDD Group, Highland Gold Mining, Wolfson Microelectronics, City of London Group, Mail.ru, ABB, BAA, Volvo, Electrolux, Ericsson, Game Group,