For the commute home, or your flight to Beijing,
– The case for businesses to demand the government discount for IPOs.
– “The Chinese policy of buying dollars can be best understood as an indirect purchase of U.S. knowledge capital–technology and business know-how.”
– Still, people are perhaps becoming too enthralled with the Chinese model.
– Credit Suisse is not happy with S&P’s report on capital cushions.
– Goldman fired its top FX trader because of his outside investments.
– What’s happening with flows to emerging market bond funds?
– Unemployment rate stays high, consumers don’t care.
– The St Louis Fed has a new page that tracks public remarks by FOMC members.
– Long story on Obama’s search for ideas to generate jobs growth.
– Tyler Cowen has written an ebook about median wage stagnation in the US.