Elsewhere on Monday,
– EU bailout: shock, awe, and Dirty Harry.
– But is it shock and awe enough?
– ‘The euro is at more risk than it has ever been’.
– Comparing ECB bond-buying to Fed MBS purchases.
– What is a successful currency union?
– And does the United States count as one?
– Down with section 106!
– ‘Volatility alone is reason enough to exit the stock market’.
– Plus: the sanity deficit in equities.
– El elefante en la habitación.
– The irony of FX reserve hoarding.
– Ben Bernanke wants to see a smile on that face.
– Further, further reading.